Advice from a Fender Bender Attorney in Philadelphia
While fender bender accidents are considered more of a nuisance than a serious auto accident, it’s important to know what to do in case of a minor crash.
Here are some reminders from a fender bender attorney in Philadelphia of important steps to take after a minor crash.
- Determine if there is any injury to you or anyone else in the vehicle. If any medical attention is needed call 911 immediately.
- If there are no injuries, pull to the side of the road in order to clear the roadway and avoid causing more accidents.
- Call the Pennsylvania state police or the Philadelphia police to report the accident. Philadelphia police won’t respond to fender benders if there are no injuries or damage to property surrounding the area of the accident.
- Exchange car insurance information with the other person involved in the accident. If the driver is not the owner of the vehicle be sure to get the name, number, and insurance information of the registered vehicle owner.
- Get the names, numbers, driver’s license numbers, and addresses of the passengers from the other car involved.
- If there are any witnesses to your accident be sure to get their names and numbers. If an officer is on the way ask if they will stay to report what they saw. If an officer is on the way, and they don’t want to stay, ask them to explain what they saw and write it all down or take a video of their statement,
- Take photographs or video of the accident from every angle. Take photos of the damage to your car and the other car involved.
- Never admit fault even if you believe you were at fault.
- Do not relinquish the details of your auto insurance or physically hand your driver’s license to the driver of the other vehicle.
- Contact your insurance company and report the accident immediately. Give them as much detailed information as possible, and send them the video or photos of the accident.
If you’ve been involved in a minor crash, you need an experienced fender bender attorney in Philadelphia to get you the compensation you deserve. Contact TMH Law today!